Saint Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church Atlanta, GA is seeking a part-time Youth Director for a thriving, active program. The Youth Director will work closely with and be supervised by the Director of Formation for Children and Youth.
St. Bartholomew’s leaders of Christian Education for children, youth and adults develop learning experiences that respond to the questions, challenges and needs that each person brings from their particular faith stage and circumstance in life. Youth Ministry at St. Bartholomew’s supports teens, seventh through twelfth grades, as they grow from children (experienced in Godly Play) to adults through an intentional process of spiritual formation and education. That process makes use of a loving community of peers & adult mentors who together undertake programs designed to celebrate the transitions of adolescence as gifts from God while preparing them on their Christian journey to adulthood.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in Christian formation and worship on Sunday mornings.
- Participate in Wednesday night dinners.
- Participate in staff meetings on Monday from noon – 2:00 p.m.
- Engage in consistent communication with the congregation, especially youth, parents and staff, concerning youth related activities.
- Work with youth, parents, and staff to coordinate regular youth activities including ministry opportunities, community building, fundraising, and learning opportunities.
- Support liturgical ministries involving youth, especially acolytes and lectors.
- Plan and coordinate youth participation in diocesan activities.
- Plan and coordinate youth activities for Parish Weekend.
- Working with the Director of Formation, Children and Youth, plan biennial pilgrimage.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in youth ministry or a related field.
- This position requires a strong Christian faith, high energy level and enthusiastic attitude, solid organizational skills and ability to coordinate with volunteers in planning a full range of programs for our youth.
- Experience with Godly Play and Journey to Adulthood desirable.
Hours and Compensation
- Average of 15 hours per week, including 4-5 hours on Sunday mornings and flexible office hours on weekdays. Salary is based on education and experience of the applicant.
Please send letter of interest and resume to the Rev. Allan Sandlin, Interim Rector at firstname.lastname@example.org.