We’re currently searching for a new Parish Administrator!
Get a downloadable version of this page here.
St. Bartholomew’s Episcopal Church is seeking a Parish Administrator to manage the overall administrative functions of the office and support the work of the parish, vestry, and volunteers.
- Maintain the overall administrative functioning of the church office
- Prepare and print all worship bulletins and weekly announcements (electronic and print)
- Prepare and send parish-wide email communications, both routine and non-routine
- Manage routine updates to the membership database and work with the Parish Registrar to maintain records
- Manage parish calendar
- Manage requests for space rentals
- Support the regular processing of funds received, receipt of bills and invoices, delivery of bills and invoices to the appropriate person for approval, and mailing of payments as needed
- Maintain all office supplies and schedule service of equipment as needed
- Oversee the work of office volunteers and the parish sexton/kitchen manager
- Other duties as assigned by the Rector
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong writing and grammar skills, including proofreading
- Proficiency in the use of basic office software including word processing, desk top publishing, spreadsheet, database tools and ACS
- Strong organizational skills Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Competence in basic financial management such as supply ordering, invoicing, and payment tracking
- Baccalaureate degree
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in administration or office support
- Experience in a church or ministry setting essential; experience in the Episcopal Church is ideal
This is a full-time position (40 hours a week) with excellent benefits. Compensation is based on experience, training and demonstrated ability. Application should include the names and contact information for three references.
Applications and inquiries may be directed to:
The Rev. Allan Sandlin, Interim Rector
1790 LaVista Rd, Atlanta, GA 30329